Dual Credit 2017-2018 Information
Students NEW to Dual Credit for the 2017-2018 school year need to:
- Please take a few minutes to go over the Dual Credit Presentation
- Make sure you have indicated your Dual Credit courses on your Course Selection card & in Skyward
- Attend a mandatory Academic & Application Advisement session. Sign-up sheets are available in the College Center. Seven opportunities are available. Space is limited.
- Complete TSI testing requirements. Dates will be provided to you.
- Provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination within the past five years to COM.
- Register for classes. Dates will be provided to you.
Click HERE for a more detailed, step-by-step guide on completing these tasks.
**NEW this year: Dual Credit classes will be taught at a facility in League City on Hwy 3. Students will not be able to drive as there is limited parking. CCISD will be providing a bus from CFHS to the facility and return them back to CFHS after class is over.
For additional information, please see your counselor.
RETURNING students to Dual Credit:
- Make sure you have indicated your Dual Credit courses on your Course Selection card & in Skyward.
- Your counselor will follow up with you regarding registration.
DUAL CREDIT ACADEMY PROGRAMS @ COM
These are workforce education and technical programs. Dual Credit Academy enables and prepares students for entry level positions in the fields listed below. Earn high school credit while taking these classes.
Students attend classes on the campus of COM. If necessary, time is built within the student’s CFHS schedule. Students must provide their own transportation.
(click program for a link to more detailed information)
Computer Information Systems
For more information, check out their website …
See your counselor for more details!
Want to see what it’s all about in person? Plan to attend one of their upcoming Field Trips – designated for interested students. Tour buildings, talk directly with professors involved with the program, etc.
- Friday, February 24
- Friday, March 2
Both campus tours run from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and begin in their auditorium.
Students must provide their own transportation.
Students MUST sign up in the College Center.
For more information, please contact your counselor.